The household-name Social Networking Site, Facebook, has a viral chain mail kind of thing going on about books. It was interesting to do.
The instructions were interesting to follow, except the tagging part. I wasn’t motivated enough to figure out how to tag people. I did start listing book titles, complete with authors, though.
Original instructions: Don’t take too long to think about it! Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Copy the instructions into your own note, tag 15 friends, and be sure to tag the person who tagged you.
Once you get started it’s hard to stop….
1. Deterring Democracy – Noam Chomksy
2. Planet of Slums – Mike Davis
The Jungle – Upton Sinclair
3. Century of Wind – Eduardo Galeano
4. All Over Creation – Ruth Ozeki
5. China Men – Maxine Hong Kingston
6. Is This A Man (Survival in Auschwitz) – Primo Levi
7. The God of All Small Things – Arundhati Roy
8. Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami
9. Powers and Prospects – Noam Chomsky
10 Lullaby – Chuck Palahniuk
11 Parable of the Sower – Octavia Butler (thanks Sarah!)
12 Looking Forward: Participatory Economics for the Twenty First Century – Michael Albert
13 Graceland – Chris Abani
14 Indian Givers – Jack Weatherford
15 Lies My Teacher Told Me – Jamese Loewen
Lullaby/Rant/Fight Club/.. – Chuck Palahniuk
Song of Solomon – Toni Morrison
Perdido Street Station – China Mieville
The Book of Ruth: A Nove – Jane Hamilton
Where do we Go From Here Chaos or Community – Martin Luther King
Chaos or Community – Holly Sklar
Late Victorian Holocausts – Mike Davis
Monster at Our Door – Mike Davis
Democracy in Small Groups – John Gastil
Learning Perl – Randal Schwartz