[translated by irlandesa]
San Manuel Autonomous Municipality
By means of this denuncia, we would like to make public the following incidents:
1. - On August 22, several persons from the OPDIC organization met in Ach’lum Monte LÃbano to organize a new action against the security checkpoint which our compaÃ±eros are maintaining at the Quexil crossroads in order to prevent the flow of alcohol and drugs into the community and precious woods from being taken out.
The plan of action is to turn around at San Salvador, which belongs to the Francisco Villa Autonomous Municipality, and to destroy the Quexil checkpoint with high powered weapons.
Another of the agreements which was reached at this meeting was to set up a paramilitary roadblock at the Real crossroads, close to “La Peninsula” military checkpoint, on August 25 in order to stop zapatista support bases.
The communities which are organizing for these actions are: Taniperlas Ejido, Censo, Santa Elena, Monte LÃbano Ejido, Ach’lum Monte LÃbano Ejido, LacandÃ³n and Santo Domingo.
2. - Manuel PÃ©rez, a paramilitary from the OPDIC paramilitary group, is patrolling the highway between Quexil and Taniperlas in a two cab C.M.P.I. red Nissan from Santo Domingo, in order to stop any autonomous authority or support base.
3. - Antonio Flores Ruiz, of the San Antonio las Delicias ejido (Pamala) is keeping watch over vehicles arriving from the San Manuel Municipality in Ocosingo, in order to point out any authorities from this Autonomous Municipality.
4. Paramilitaries have been disseminating propaganda in Altamirano and Ocosingo for the people to organize against zapatista support bases.
5. Today, 42 army vehicles entered Ocosingo, headed in the direction of Taniperlas, with several civilians. It is thought that they could have been paramilitaries who had not returned to their communities since the attack at the Quexil crossroads.
We are holding the federal and state governments responsible for any attack on our support bases and authorities, since they are the ones who are protecting these bands of paramilitaries.
Despite everything, including these actions to end our resistance, we shall continue here, seeking a dignified and just life.
Ricardo Flores Magon Autonomous Municipality
Brothers and sisters.
One more time we are raising our voice in order to inform you as to the incidents which occurred on August 25, 2002 in the Amaytik ranch in this Ricardo Flores MagÃ³n Autonomous Municipality.
1. - At 10:00 AM on August 25, 2002, PRIs and paramilitaries from the Amaytik Ranch killed two compaÃ±ero authorities – 1) Lorenzo MartÃnez Espinosa of the Nueva Esperanza Ejido, spokesperson for the Autonomous Council of Ricardo Flores MagÃ³n, and 2) Jacinto HernÃ¡ndez GutiÃ©rrez, of the Amaytik Ranch, the autonomous agent for this ranch. This incident took place in an Autonomous school where the AutonomÃa authorities were meeting.
2. - CompaÃ±ero Lorenzo MartÃnez Espinosa’s body disappeared last night, without it being known who removed it, or where it was taken in order to conceal the crime, which was organized by paramilitaries and PRIs from the PeÃ±a Limonar area, who are operating in that caÃ±ada, as we have previously denounced. We are, therefore, demanding that they immediately deliver the body of our compaÃ±ero to us.
3. We are holding the bad federal and state governments directly responsible for these events which have taken place.
And, for all of these reasons, we are calling on national and international civil society to mobilize and to demand that the bad government stop the killings and investigate, and see that justice is done, those who are truly guilty of the assassination of our compaÃ±ero authorities. Today, the bad government, along with their paramilitaries, are following through with their death threats against our peoples who are in dignified resistance.
Despite all these threats and assassinations by the bad government, our peoples shall continue resisting and fighting for Democracy, Liberty and Justice.