Economics Vision and Strategy

ZSplash Forums Social Vision and Strategy Economics Vision and Strategy

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by avatar Michael Albert 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Site Administrator
    Participant

Post discussion of Economic Vision and Strategy here. This could be proposals, comments on current viewpoints, questions, etc.

Site Administrator
    Participant

In all Forums on ZCom, participants are expected to respect one another. No aspersions of ill motivation, no racism, sexism, or classism, will be tolerated. Likewise, no one should hound anyone else, and no one should over post excluding others.

Think of it as being like a living room you are visiting. To dissent is fine, of course – engaging with one another over differences is the point. To be boorish, however, is not fine.

For now, as an experiment that we hope will work, the forums are wide open. If that proves unviable because of anti social posting – posting will be restricted to sustainers.

Michael Albert
    Participant

To get actual conversations rolling – perhaps a question would be useful. If accosted by a family member, friend, or acquaintance – or perhaps in a political discussion with someone you don’t even know – you were asked: Okay, I understand what you don’t like, poverty and even wide inequality, disenfranchisement from influence over outcomes, distortion of human sympathy into narrow me first mentalities, ecological collapse, and so on. But what are you for? What would you like to see movements replace our current economic relations with, that would be any better?

Site Administrator
    Participant

You can do so right after one is posted, I believe, and perhaps until it attracts replies – thereafter it may be difficult – I am not sure. However, admin can do it anytime…

Michael Lewis
    Participant

Continued economic growth is impossible in a world of finite resources.

Herman Daly and Brian Czech are proposing a steady state economy to deal with the inherent tension between economic growth and environmental protection.

Information is at Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE):

CASSE homepage: http://steadystate.org/
    Supply Shock: Economic Growth At the Crossroads and the Steady State Solution: http://supplyshock.org
    CASSE position statement: http://steadystate.org/act/sign-the-position/

Michael Lewis
    Participant

A Steady State Economy that does not reallocate natural capital from the economy of nature to the human economy faster than it is naturally replenished.

anival veron
    Participant

Hello i am from Argentina;

In the country there is a a very god movement working and fighting every day and it is growing very fast. It is the piqueteros movement “a group of workers whit out work” (it well now because of the tactic of cut a road). The thing is that the hegemonic movement ideology is the anarchy-comunist. But some of the movement have been working making cooperatives, and some of them have the chance of a group people who have the opportunity to work in a more technique way. That is when the parecon i think can insert. (Now i am working in some space that are building productive like mechanicals, electronic dissing, repairing pc and education)

Can you help us? do you now of comrades who are in our country? or groups of study who can speak Spanish? I wanted to now more of the parecon…

thanks from a brother

Michael Albert
    Participant

Hi.

I am not sure how I would help – regrettably, I don’t speak Spanish.

But if you send me an email I will send you back an email address for a very capable fellow in Argentina, and another from Spain… who might be able to help in ways I could not.

If there is something else you think I could usefully do, let me know and I will try.

anival veron
    Participant

where i can see your email count to send you de email?

Michael Albert
    Participant

It is on the site…but it is
    Sysop@zmag.org

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Social Vision and Strategy’ is closed to new topics and replies.