Format issue

ZSplash Forums ZCom Policy and Innovation Format issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant

I would suggest that it might be good to put pages with link indexes/ maps for items in the top drop menus, e.g. in Vision – Parecon – Very extensive Q&A, it’s rather unnecessarily complicated to navigate through the text (and impossible using phones), and one simple index page listing all chapters and links to individual pages under those chapters would fix that. Or even a single line which would function as a link map, like the line “ZSplash > Forums > ***” that exists on forum pages, that would be put on the pages along with the “Next Entry” line would do it.

Michael Albert
    Participant

I apologize, but I have no idea what you are suggesting… Or even what you are saying is hard…

Steven
    Participant

I’m suggesting to e.g. add a page to the site which would function as an index for “Very Extensive F&Q”. One could click on “Very Extensive F&Q” and thereby go to that page. That page would contain a list of links; there would be a line for example “Chapter 1. Why vision?” and under it would be listed links to pages “Overview”, “What For?”, “Who Needs It?”, etc. and likewise for all other pages and chapters. I think that would make it easier to navigate, it seems to me simpler then the current drop menu. (And not only simpler, but at all possible for mobile phones, because drop menus cannot be used on touch screen phones.)

The other suggestion was adding a line that would be a map, e.g. just like on this page there is a line that says “ZSplash › Forums › ZCom Policy and Innovation › Format issue”, on the “Parecon Overview” page ( http://zcomm.org/qaoverview-2/ ) along with the line “Next Entry: Why Bother” there would be a line that says “Vision > Parecon > Very Extensive F&Q > Why Vision? > Overview” also making it easier to navigate.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Steven.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘ZCom Policy and Innovation’ is closed to new topics and replies.