Switzerland as a role model

ZSplash Forums State of the World Switzerland as a role model

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by avatar John Little 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Little
    Participant

I think Switzerland can be used by other countries around the world as a good role model in modern socio/economic situations.

jonpatterns
    Participant

What about the way Switzerland allows multinational companies to launder money?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by avatar jonpatterns. Reason: Make Swiz the foscus
    John Little
    Participant

Switzerland is far from perfect. You’re right about its acceptance of money laundering. They also sell arms to belligerent countries. Coluche, a famous French comic, once commented on this by saying, “A neutral country is one that doesn’t sell arms to warring countries …………….. unless they pay cash!”

Nevertheless, Switzerland takes care of its people and stays out of foreign trouble spots for the most part. There are few examples of countries with a better record.

John Little
    Participant

This is in French, Un Oeil Sur la Planete – Le Miracle Suisse. Switzerland was considered the best example of a country back in 2013.

I lived there for four years. I know what I’m talking about. The economy is huge, the people earn fantastic (many start at $4,000/mo and grow from there), democracy can be seen everywhere (there are referendums every two weeks it feels like) and the poor, sick and immigrant are well taken care of. They even have a proposal to give everyone in Switzerland a minimum salary regardless of whether you have a job or not. And it is the cleanest country I’ve ever seen. It’s the only country that can look at all other countries like they were 3rd world.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘State of the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.