LAST CALL for July/Aug: WISC FULL ENROLLMENTS
FOR $15 PER COURSE, REALLY, JUST $15
Please find guidance in the left hand column.
When ready, Create An Account to make browsing courses easier.
If you have problems enrolling contact [email protected]
IF you are already enrolled in a course, or two, be sure you are logged in. There is a link for that to the upper right.Use the email we have for you as your ID. Then click on a link for your course. Once at the course, look around. Begin reading for the first week. Maybe introduce yourself if there is a forum for that. And so on...
World Institute for Social Change (WISC) is an online school for developing and sharing ideas, skills, vision, and strategy within and across progressive constituencies. WISC is a partnership project. Diverse partner organizations plus its faculty constitute its hosts.
WISC offers courses four times a year in eight week sessions after each of which there is a month off for entering new enrollments, adding new courses, and refining features. The sessions are in April/May, July/August, October/November, and January/February.
The backbone software of WISC is Moodle. The structure of WISC is:
- Courses are sponsored by a WISC partner. That is, to teach a WISC course one must get sponsorship from a partner.
- Faculty determine course content.
- Enrollees take courses, engaging as much or little as they choose in course discussions, assignments, etc.
- Enrollees pay a sliding scale for full fee enrollment, low income enrollment, or observer status.
- Revenues go 50% to course faculty, 25% to partner course sponsor, and 25% to WISC for maintaining the whole operation.
Below are a few links for overarching WISC features - but the vast bulk of content and action is in courses themselves, of course.