Two days before #Jan25 I was reading twitter and got very excited. I realized we could be a on a brink of revolutions sweeping North Africa and the Middle East that could affect more than 15 countries and hundreds of millions of people.
So I created a website: RevolutionTrends.org
The goals for the site are
- Predict where revolutions will succeed
- Promote nonviolent democratic revolution
- Share our findings (open source and open data)
- Facilitate cross-country comparisons
- Create charts, maps, and other info graphics
- Real Time tracking – using twitter, intrade (a prediction market), google searches and other trends. If anyone has suggestions for the project or wants to get account and write or comment on pages, let me know!