About Z Blogs
Blogs are a familiar feature on the internet - where users post content in an accumulating manner, with comments beneath and search options, etc. Blogs facilitate expression and exploration, and via attached comments, also debate and synthesis.
Creating Blog Posts
You can click here to create a new post.
Or, here is the whole procedure...
- Log into ZNet. Use your email and password. The system can send you a new password if you need one. If you haven't logged in at all, as yet, to start you need to request a new password.
- After loging in, on the left side of the admin bar at the very top of the page, you will see a plus symbol with the word New next to it, that looks like "+ New". Role your mouse over the symbol and click "ZBlog". This will take you to the admin page to upload a new blog. This is the most convenient access, as you can do it from anywhere on the site, anytime. You can also click this link: add a blog post.
- Add a blog title, fill the body content area (you can edit the source code/html by clicking the Text option on the Visual/Text tab in the editor). You can choose from among many formatting options, and embedding media.
- Once done editing your blog, in the top right "Publish" box, you can choose to save your blog as a draft or you can publish it immediately.
- After saving your blog as either Published or Draft, you can choose to view your post by selecting the "View post" link above the title or "Preview Changes" in the "Publish" box.
- You can edit your published blog either from your admin dashboard by clicking "ZBlogs" in the left side menu, or by viewing your blog and clicking the "Edit ZBlog" from the top admin bar.
Navigating and Using Blogs
Each Z author can post. Z Sustainers can also post. All Blogs appear in the blog system, and sometimes also in content boxes the top page of ZNet and can be found via searches, etc.
Comments on blogs follow the blogs, attached at the bottom, and blog comments, like all others, are also visible in many places that show comments. In addition, the entire blog system gathers content from everyone - but one can look at the accumulating content in many ways.
For example one can look at one writer's efforts - so one is seeing what is effectively a blog system for that one writer, or Sustainer.
One can also look at the content by topic, seeing blogs that are tagged as being about a certain topic - or place. When doing that, it is a blog system about a topic, or a place, with many contributors.
One can look at only writer blogs, or only sustainer blogs, as well.
Searches allow even more variables and refinements.
Z Interview Series
Stresing: An Ordinary Radical
Peters: No More Random Acts
Marty & Marty: The Challenge is Global
Podur: Leftist in Every Bubble
Street: Side with the Underdog
Wilpert: Tackling Institutions
Vegas: A Revolutionary Environment
Pearson: We Don't Have Borders
Pilger: View from the Ground
All Z Blogs
The Russian government’s justifications for its war in Ukraine―the largest, most destructive military operation in Europe since World War II―are... Read more →
Although the rulers of the world’s major military and economic powers have repeatedly claimed that they are making their nations... Read more →
Ethnic division was used to consolidate control by the USA and Nationalists of Ukraine. They have signed Minsk Peace Accords... Read more →
You obviously can not be against this terrible war, but support it continuing. We must support the peace talks between... Read more →
The declared intention of USA NATO and Ukraine’s government to join in a hostile military alliance against their neighbour Russia... Read more →
(i) This is the Wikipedia article on the Galician Regional Elections held by the Galician Autonomous President, Alberto Nuñez Feyjoo,... Read more →
On 06/27/2004, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers performed in Santiago de Compostela, a few kilometers out o the city, at... Read more →
A draft I might be trying to submit TRUTH-OUT. Should read well their “SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES,” etc. It seems they accept... Read more →
Galician President, Alberto Nunez Feyjoo, and Spanish Kingdom Socialist President, well, lots of more people around the world, but let’s... Read more →
BTW, I might be in serious trouble. My wife, yes, my ex, went this morning to the Court, to ask... Read more →
The basics about my “Red Hot Chilli Peppers” concert, admission. I was so excited. Talked all afternoon at the door... Read more →
The basics about my new “Red Hot Chilli Peppers” admission. (27/6/2004). I was so excited. Talked all afternoon at the... Read more →
Commentators on the current Ukraine crisis have sometimes compared it to the Cuban missile crisis. This is a good comparison―and... Read more →
A guy called José Antonio Carril denounced in 2013 the mayor of Santiago of the Popular Party who replaced Gerardo... Read more →
Two years later, (I was mandatorily retired on April 2001 by Galician Educational Authorities) on 26/06/2002, I happened to fall... Read more →
I’ve been for 18 years a teacher. As I missed the opportunity to become a don, tried everywhere to become... Read more →
I know a 30 old years girl from Ghana, Saani Amina Deeshini, since nearly two years on the internet. She... Read more →
The vast destruction wrought by the atomic bombing of Japan in August 1945 should have been enough to convince national... Read more →
On Monday, 24th this year, 2022, on the National Court, in Spain, Felipe VI’s SK, where we have a nice,... Read more →
During 2021, there were signs of growing militancy in America’s beleaguered union movement, as thousands of workers went out on... Read more →
Late January of this year will mark the first anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Treaty on... Read more →
Become a Sustainer
Z Communications operates largely - indeed mostly - in fact, overwhelmingly - based on periodic donations from Z Sustainers. Everything you see in the site is here because Sustainers pay they bills. It really is that simple.
So we need users to become Sustainers. And what does this have to do with Blogs?
Well, it is a perk of helping us by being a Sustainer that you can comment on materials throughout the site, and that you can post blogs.
Another way to help, if you are a Sustainer, is by raising your periodic donation. Or, if you don't want to become a regular donor, you can donate one time. Though that approach doesn't get the blogging permission. Here are links for all three ways of helping...